Carnatic Music Idol USA 2013
Maximum Media, in association with the Aradhana Committee, bring the most successful reality show for Carnatic music to the US for its 3rd season.
Carnatic Music Idol: USA
Carnatic Music Idol: USA is back for a third season in 2013! This program is a way for North American children to showcase their talent, take part in a fun, relaxed and friendly competition while having the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be featured on an international television program. All talent levels are welcome and we want to give every participant a chance to perform and enjoy the event!
This season, we are also introducing a new group category. Please see the rules for more details.
The dates and locations for the preliminary and final rounds are:
|October 12||Midwest Prelims (Chicago)|
|October 18||Southern Prelims (Dallas)|
|October 19||Northeast Prelims (NY/NJ)|
|October 20||West Coast Prelims (Bay Area)|
|October 27||Finals (Chicago)|
Take part in this great opportunity!
- This competition is entirely different than the Indian version of Carnatic Music Idol
- Students of all levels are welcome; manodharmam performance is not required
- The goal is to showcase the North American Carnatic music scene, including teachers, organizers, and volunteers
- This event is a wonderful way for our families in India and abroad, as well as a global TV audience, to see us and all that we do to keep our cultural traditions alive.
- The winner in the group category receives a chance to perform in the 2014 Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival.
- The winners from both categories receive the following:
- A chance to perform in the 2014 Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival, in a special slot
- The opportunity to perform in Maximum Media's Margazhi Maha Utsavam in December 2013
- The winner in the senior category also gets to release their own classical album, contracted by one of the leading audio companies.
The panel of judges will comprise a group of popular star Carnatic musicians.
Please look over the rules and regulations for the competition, and then get in touch with the regional organizers listed above to apply.
For further details, please contact Gopi Sundaram (email@example.com) or Radhika Balasubramaniam (firstname.lastname@example.org)