Chennai Music & Dance Festival 2016 — Announcement
The Aradhana Committee organizes a series of programs in Chennai during the December season, to showcase North American talent to audiences in India.
The festival will be a series of music and dance performances, and will be held over a period of 15 days in the second half of December 2016.
Prospective participants in this festival must:
- be aged 25 or less, as of December 31, 2016
- have participated in some music or dance initiative at the
Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival:
- Music or dance competition, Sustaining Sampradaya, Dance Workshop, etc.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please:
- Download the application form and fill it out.
- Email the completed application form to Gopi Sundaram (email@example.com).
- The deadline for receiving your application is November 13, 2016
If you would like to perform both as a musician as well as dancer, then please submit two separate application forms.
All applications will be reviewed by the Aradhana Committee, and the performers to be featured will be notified via email by November 27, 2016.
The schedule of performances will also be published at that time, along with contact information for participants, so that you can work out details of sruthi, etc. directly with the accompanists.
We had a great December festival last year, and the performances by our talented youngsters were very well-received by the discerning audience in Chennai.
We hope to have a similarly successful series this year as well, and look forward to your participation.